I am hardly the first to notice this problem with thinking, but today, while I was on a treadmill trying to think of something that would take my mind off of the fact I was on a treadmill, I got an idea.
I am supposed to be concentrating my efforts on finishing the ever elusive Mamy bag which had myriad ends to be woven in:
and while I did get a few hexagons made, and I eventually got all of the ends woven in on the body of the Mamy bag thus far:
as well as on the five hexagons for a small soccer ball for a recently discovered unfinished object:
my wandering, thinking mind came up with yet another plan for the project known as the “Big Rug.”
The first iteration of the project that has come to be know as the “Big Rug” looked like this:
From my decision to fix the dye in a water and vinegar solution after I had crocheted and joined a number of squares, I learned, in a very memorable way, that in addition to fixing the dye, the water and vinegar solution also relaxed the fibers as can be seen in the above photo.
After much reluctance, I accepted that what I needed to do was undo everything I had done and start over. Which I did. Recently, I amassed enough squares to allow me to begin to piece together the second iteration of the “Big Rug”:
Then today, while I was on the treadmill, and my mind wandered, I decided that I would try making just one African Flower hexagon using a 4.5 mm hook and the Lamb’s Pride Bulky weight yarn just to see what it would look like:
Thank goodness I found the Clover Jumbo bent-tipped needles. Looks like I’ll be needing them.