Yesterday I managed to not only get three loads of laundry done, but I also made substantive progress on my second granny square storage basket.
Today, when the morning’s errands and chores were done and consigned to the rear-view mirror of my life, I got out my hooks, my yarn, and the not-quite completed basket and set to work.
My efforts did not proceed perfectly, but they did proceed, and shortly before sunset I had all of the remaining ends woven in and trimmed and was able to get this photo of a view from the side:
and this photo with a view from the top:
As my regular readers know, these colors are not the palette I customarily work with. It lacks the blues and oranges and pinks and reds and yellows and greens and purples that typically dominate my work, but I felt called to make this basket so that it would coordinate with the things that will be put in it.
It can be a bit uncomfortable and even a bit unnerving to work so far out side my color comfort zone, but I am not unhappy with the result, and it just might propel me to try even more experiments with neutrals.