Autumn is here. The leaves have started to turn, and with each passing day, summer is becoming an increasingly distant memory, and even as I do my best to stay focused on my third Day of the Dead yarn bomb, I am sometimes distracted, and today, one of those distractions was an exquisite crochet rose I hope to incorporate as a decorative element into the final display of the yarn bombs.
When I hit the “Publish” button on my blog post last Thursday, it dawned on me that I didn’t have as much time left to finish the third yarn bomb as I thought I did, and I decided that if I didn’t make enough progress I would have to put it to bed and bring it out next year.
So with that in mind, I did a better job keeping focused on the task at hand: finishing as much of the yarn bomb as I possible could, and not only did I finish the three panels that formed a third of this nine-patch:
I managed to move on further finishing the tenth complete square, and getting one-third of the way through an eleventh crochet square:
Once I was confident that I would make it to the finish, I started looking for the “perfect” crochet rose.
In the interest of not spending any time designing a flower when I need to crochet yarn bomb panels, I managed to find a flower that is basically a hyperbolic curlicue on its side:
I worked it according to the directions, and while, it is a little small, the perfection of it is undeniable. It is an exquisite crochet rose, and I think if I add another ten to twelve changes to the original foundation, it will be even more perfect.
In the meantime, I will continue forward, one stitch at a time.