Yesterday, I channeled my maternal grandmother in an effort to clean my pantry, and once she got her psychic hooks in me, she refused to let go.
I had only wanted to clean one shelf, but once I started, I was unable to stop.
So at the end of the day, I had a clean orderly pantry, but I had nothing to show for myself in terms of crochet. That fact might be why it was the first thing I thought of this morning when I got up.
As I prepared the day’s first pot of coffee, I ruminated on the ten or so squares that I have rehabbed and which needed the ends woven in.
But feeling that that was somehow insufficient, I decided to go into the crochet empire to see if there were any more random squares that were good candidates for crochet rehab, and while I found a sizable contingent of could-be six-inch crochet squares, they were, for the most part, seven-inch squares. Rehabbing them would be mostly frogging, and while I would net more six-inch squares, I would be generating long yarn scraps.
After taking a moment to think about it, I wasn’t convinced that was the direction I should be going. Maybe, I reasoned with myself, I should simply weave in the ends of the squares I had completed so far and then collect all of the seven-inch squares and use them to make an afghan composed of seven-inch squares.
So with some reluctance, I walked away from what could have been a crochet rabbit hole, got out my beloved bent-tipped yarn needle, sat down at the kitchen table with the reaming squares, and wove in the ends.
In short order I had all fifteen five-inch crochet squares done:
as well as all twenty-eight six-inch squares:
While the squares were done, I still had time left to crochet, so I got out my 4.00 mm hook and a skein of worsted weight yarn, and I made this video about how I make a single color crochet granny square:
As for those seven-inch squares, when the sun rises on tomorrow, I plan to gather them together, look over the Project Linus blanket guidelines, and see what I can do.