This week began with number of errands to be done and obligations to be met, so my progress on the granny square bag-to-be has been decidedly modest, but (to my relief)it has been progress.
How modest? you ask.
Three more squares is the number I have completed over the past two days:
Why it took me so long to crochet fifteen small rounds, I don’t know, but each color of each round after I finally settled on the color for the center didn’t work out quite as expected.
As a result I found I had to frog and recrochet, frog and recrochet, and so on. Sometimes a single square would take a couple hours.
As a practical matter, I estimate that I crocheted at least ten squares worth to make the modest progress that I have, and (since they will not be standing on their own) I got this photo of the three new squares with their ten previously completed compatriots:
as well as this group photo with the two larger granny squares that will form (I hope) the visual anchor of either side of a very-soon-to-be finished granny square bag:
which leaves me with three granny squares left to crochet.
No doubt these last granny squares will take me more time that I have budgeted for them, but I will continue moving forward, one stitch at a time.