I don’t recall the precise order of events that lead me to select fifty-five crochet remnants for a tandem crochet rehab effort, but whatever it was, I now find most of my crochet time is spent wrangling crochet remnants, and it isn’t always easy to get them organized for their daily photos shoots.
But that doesn’t stop me from trying, so yesterday, after I had finished the first round of rehab on all fifty-five of the remnants undergoing rehab, I laid them out and photographed them as quickly as I could before a wind picked up and tossed them about:
As can be seen in the above photo, I had a lot of ends to weave in, and while weaving in ends isn’t always the most scintillating of tasks, it has the advantage of being something you can do after the sun goes down because all of the color decisions have been made, and you only need light good enough to weave the ends — which I had — and so with my current favorite bent-tipped yarn needle, I did exactly that.
I didn’t finish weaving them all in before I went to bed, but I did finish them by mid-afternoon today where my largest challenge was finding a sheltered spot that could accommodate fifty-five remnants while shielding them from wind gusts.
My efforts were mixed, but eventually, I got this photo of the remnants:
and this photo of my ever growing collection of yarn scraps:
Tying yarn scraps end-to-end isn’t the quickest of tasks, but eventually I had them tied together and wound into one magnificent yarn ball:
When I finish rehabbing these remnants, I will be very near to the last one hundred squares toward my goal of a thousand for Project Amigo, and in order to reach that goal, I will continue moving forward, one stitch at a time.