Part of the impetus behind my quest to make one thousand rehabbed crochet squares is that the squares are used to make blankets for the students of Project Amigo. This means that the squares end up in their bedrooms and are one of the first things they see when the get up in the morning and one of the last they see when they go to bed at night.
It isn’t every day that you get to be part of someone’s world that way, and with great opportunity comes great responsibility. As such, I try to bring my “A game” to every square I make. The squares have been piling up again, and this time, rather than waiting until I had enough to fill a box bigger than myself, I decided that I would send them before they got to be that numerous.
As I do every time before I send a batch of squares, I got a group photo. It took awhile to get them all laid out when the light was just right in a spot where any wind might disrupt my efforts, but I was glad I took the time:
With that task attended to, and because I still have a little over three hundred squares left to make in order to reach my thousand square goal, I selected nine more crochet remnants for rehab:
Then, because I really need a new purse, I worked on making more squares for the boho granny square purse that is dancing in my head, weaving in ends and crocheting new center circles for what I think of as a “boho” granny square:
I was satisfied with my progress, but was also looking forward to the new day, and while tasks ate my morning, in the early afternoon, I finally got to sit down with my crochet.
I started by attending to the ends for the boho granny centers:
It was quick, easy, and gratifying, and all of that fueled my work on the nine new crochet remnants which, overall, went pretty well:
As for the squares that were finished, I managed to pack 140 of them into a USPS large flat rate game box. And tomorrow I will pick up where I left off and move forward, one stitch at a time.