I began the weekend with the best of intentions. I was going to work on my second Day of the Dead yarn bomb, and nothing, nothing was going to get me off of the crochet track. Except something did.
I started off doing what I had promised myself I would do: tying up loose ends.
The first loose end I attended to was the large crochet flower that had been waiting to be finished–first because I had run out of yarn, and then again because I had started on the second Day of the Dead yarn bomb.
This time, however, I was determined to let nothing get in-between me and finishing this flower, I harbored the notion that finishing the flower would generate some much needed finishing mojo, so I got to work and finished the flower:
Happy to finally have it done, I then got ready to take a photo of it with its two other companion crochet flowers.
It wasn’t quite as easy to do as I had hoped. An afternoon breeze had picked up, and it was most likely to gust as soon as I had the yarn bomb ready to be photographed.
I would then scramble down from the step stool I was using because my arms (although proportional to my body) are took short for me to be able to take the photo without the step stool. Finally, after enough tries, I managed to circumvent a couple of breezy gusts and get this image:
All of which lead me back to the crochet track I had intended to stay on: my second Day of the Dead crochet yarn bomb with a skull crocheted from variegated yarn.
And I did a pretty good job of staying on track until I didn’t. As I finished work on the fourteenth of sixteen squares, I realized that I have plenty of time to finish both yarn bombs before the Day of the Dead.
So after I finished work on the fourteenth square, I thought I would get busy designing a yarn bomb for the upcoming Ballon Fiesta which starts on Saturday.
Obviously, I have room for improvement when it comes to staying on a particular crochet track, but I will continue to move forward, one stitch at a time.