It is with no small measure of trepidation that I began this year’s state fair project.
I have as close to no idea what I am going to do as I ever have with a state fair project, so there is more uncertainty than usual worked into each stitch, but I know that I must work past my uncertainties, and that is what I’ve attempted to do the last two days.
I started by working on the clock.
I had gotten what I considered a reasonably good start on the face of the clock, but had no idea what I would do after that, so I took hook to yarn and crocheted and frogged and then crocheted again, and eventually, I started to get something that resembles my grandmother’s clock:
Satisfied with my progress, and now confident that I could indeed finish the clock, I resumed work on the two-round granny squares even though I have yet to figure out what I will do with them.
Stitch after stitch, I worked until I had amassed this cache of granny squares and granny squares-to-be:
This state fair project will continue to present me with challenges that test my creative skills and general wherewithal, but it is a challenge I think I can meet if I keep at it, one stitch at a time.