Since summer finally arrived, the last couple of days have flown by so fast, I don’t know where the time has gone. The only thing that I can reasonably assume is that I am in close proximity to a time vortex, and the precious, second, minutes and hours were sucked away by a greedy warp in the space-time continuum.
But having said that, I now have even less time than I did before, and it behooves me to make the highest and best use of the time that I do have.
To that end, I worked on rehabbing the many fistfuls of six-stitch by six-row crochet squares that are left over from a pixelghan crochet blanket that I made what is now many years ago:
No doubt the same vortex that siphoned of some of Monday also siphoned off some of the time from the years that have elapsed since I first made the pixelghan, but today is where I am, and so I put the time I did have to the best use I could think of: I rehabbed more crochet remnants.
I started by finishing the final round of these five squares so that they would measure the requisite five inches:
With five newly completed crochet squares under my belt, I turned my attention to eleven other crochet squares that were “in medias res.” After finishing the the third round of the rehab, I wove in all the ends there were to be woven in, trimmed them, and got this group photo:
Which then brought me to work on a slightly different crochet square that I found while rummaging through what has turned out to be a gold mine of crochet remnants. An eight-stitch by eight-row square I had used to make this crochet blanket:
With an adaption here and an adjustment there, I was able to rehab the square in relatively short order, time vortex, notwithstanding:
Which is good, because as it turns out, I have a ton of these crochet bits, and now with 263 crochet squares rehabbed, I am continuing forward on the journey of a thousand squares, one stitch at a time.