Today did not unfold as planned, but as all days do it unfolded nonetheless, and in an unusual twist, it freed up more time for crochet.
I started by blocking this headband/earwamer to be:
I made my first headband in Red Heart Super Saver grape fizz several years ago now to coordinate with a pair of Victorian texting gloves I had made using Catherine DePasquale’s design, and I am delighted to announce that while the pattern was not easily available for a period of time, Ms. DePasquale has once again made the pattern readily available at no charge.
With the future headband/earwarmer drying, I then turned my attention to a book I ordered many years ago and which was beckoning to me:
I have been meaning to make something from The Peter Max Crochet Book for about as long as I’ve owned my copy, and when this time opened up in my schedule, I decided that today was as good as any.
The first thing I did was check my gauge. I’m normally terrible about this particular step, but I thought that I would give it a try, and after several near misses, I found that using a 4.0 mm hook and a crochet tension regulator got me the recommended 8 dc = 2″.
With the gauge worked out, I then dove into my stash, and after a couple of hours, this is what had emerged:
I have a bazillion or so ends to weave in, and when I am finished with this trial run, I will crochet a second using my wool stash, but all in all, it was a wonderful and unexpected crochet day.