The felted crochet cat bed, also know as “stripes for Stripes,” is all done except for the drying!
There were definitely moments when I didn’t think this would work out as I had hoped or planned.
I finished all of the crochet two days ago. Here is what it looked like after ends were woven in and before felting:
Here it is in the tub of vinegar and water I soaked it in to fix the dye:
As is my habit, I generously underestimated the amount of time needed to complete the project.
After I had felted the cat-bed-to-be what I believed was a sufficient amount of time, a smidge of despair began to creep in. While the colors looked terrific, the sides were flopping down in a very sad way:
As is clear, it did not have the hoped for structural integrity at this point. Eventually I set the bed-to-be aside and decided to deal with it later.
Later came in the form of this morning. To my surprise and relief, as the cat bed had begun to dry, the sides were better able to hold their shape. I hoped against hope that a little more felting would do the trick.
A little more felting ended up taking two hours to get done, but I think it was well worth the effort, and hopefully, Stripes will as well.