Weekends have a way of being way-too-short, and this weekend was no exception.
I desperately wanted to get the lunchbox done, but by the time Friday rolled around, there were other things clamoring for my attention. I washed dishes, took out trash, and made extensive notes on colors I had used in various granny squares.
All these things needed doing, and all these things left me nothing to show for my efforts.
Then early Saturday morning I found myself alone with a cup of coffee and my cat. I decided to use the moment trying out an idea I had for the Bernat Dippity Dots that I had picked up earlier in the month at the Spinrite Tent Sale in Washington, North Carolina.
Using a crochet tension regulator, a 5.0 mm hook and two strands of the festive yarn, I got to work, and in short order I had made progress in an effort that seemed to hold much promise:
I spent the rest of the day with my mom, running the errands we had not run on Friday. Before I knew it the day was nearly over, and it was time to head out to the DBAP for a Saturday night game.
We were almost late as I rushed to bring in the laundry, feed the dog, get the animals fresh water, and last — but not least — grab a stash bag of assorted yarns and a crochet hook, but I got it all done and soon we were one the road.
The sky looked as if it were threatening rain, and shortly after we had parked and taken our center field seats, the sky made good on its threat. For most of the first six or seven innings of the game, we sat in a drizzle that was not quite enough to force us from our seats, and while I didn’t get as much crochet done as I would have liked, I did manage to make four new tension regulators before the damp weather forced me to put my hook and yarn away:
The game did not go well for the Durham Bulls, but it was still an evening well spent, an this afternoon, when I had finally managed to get my Sunday errands done, I decided to resume my efforts to finish my crochet lunchbox prototype.
I started by weaving ends and then pinning the lining to the lid of the crochet lunchbox:
Next, I got out needle and thread and set to work.
In relatively short order the lining was secured to the lid of the crochet lunchbox:
and while there was not enough time left to figure out how I would assemble it, I did take a moment to see how the pieces fit together:
I know I have some crochet challenges to meet in the days ahead, and I will persist, one stitch at a time.