While it is still technically fall, winter is fast approaching and the days are growing shorter at what seems to me, an alarming rate. This leaves me with not nearly as many daylight hours I would like to figure out what colors I will used on my current front burner project (finishing the 544 crochet squares remaining on my journey to one thousand for) but to day, I was able to put the “so little time” to good use.
I started by finishing work on the sixteen remnants I had been rehabbing at what felt like an exceedingly leisurely pace. I had begun to wonder if I would ever get them done, but today I got my answer, and here are all sixteen five-inch crochet squares in their finished glory:
With the number of squares needed to be finished now down to 528, I turned to the design I have come to think of as the television test square pattern. Yesterday I had managed to put the finishing touches on the design:
Using the final design as a guide, today I got to work rehabbing the other eleven future six-inch squares:
As I went along, I changed my mind here and there about which two row single crochet strip went with which future square, but eventually, I got all of them attached, and I even got the ends woven in:
With one of the six-inch squares done and the other eleven on the verge of being finished, I thought of plowing ahead and doing what I could to get them done before the sun set, but nightfall was rapidly approaching, so I decided to go for a quick win to generate finishing mojo, and I took these two remnants:
and got to work. With the sun low on the horizon, I knew there wasn’t a lot of time to enter doubts, so I worked as efficiently as I could, and soon enough, I had two more rehabbed crochet squares:
Having added two more squares to the “ta-done” pile, I am now much 526 crochet squares short of my goal, and when the sun rises on the new day, I will continue my work toward one thousand crochet squares, one stitch at a time.