As I write this, the Day of the Dead is just over four hours away. At the stroke of midnight, I hope to have made substantial progress on the twenty-eight feet of seams that need to be crocheted.
This afternoon, somewhere around two o’clock, I finished the last three crochet panels I would need for the third yarn bomb:
To be honest, there were many moments I really didn’t think I was going to get all three done in time for this year, but somehow, despite all the distractions and obligations I had outside of crochet, I got it done.
But in this instance, almost happens to be good enough because I won’t be able to install the yarn bombs until sunrise, so that leaves me a few hours to work on finishing up the twenty-four feet of seaming on the third yarn bomb:
Along with another four feet of seaming on the second yarn bomb:
For a grand total of twenty-eight feet of seaming to be done.
As for this year’s effort, I like using variegated yarn for the skull much more than I thought I would. It is, in a way, “self decorating,” and while I don’t know exactly what I will work on next, I will continue to move forward one stitch at a time.