After finding a long abandoned project made from a mercerized blue cotton yarn, I frogged the project and used it to get a start on making the Frankston crochet market bag that I had found at Ravelry.
Things were going swimmingly, but before I was halfway done with the project, I had run through one of the two skeins of the yarn. I quickly figured out that I needed to make a modification of some kind, and that modification came in the form of this skein of linen yarn that had been in the same bin of where I had found the unfinished hat:
Before I frogged all of the work I had done, yet again, I thought I would make sure that the taupe linen yarn would work, and happily, it did:
So I continued on my merry crochet way until I got to the very end of the second skein:
At which point I started working from the first skein I had already crocheted into “almost half of a bag,” and for my trouble, I got three times as many crochet stitches from that one skein of yarn that I would have if I hadn’t had to frog it twice.
And, eventually, I did finish crocheting the netted portion of the bag:
I decided to use the transition from one color of yarn to transition to another project entirely.
In addition to having found both the cotton and linen yarns in the bin, I had also found a tin of long forgotten yarn scraps. They were quite a mess, and I had been working, slowly, to bring order to them.
Buoyed by my eventual success with the crochet market bag, I managed to get all of the yarn scraps dealt with:
I then used the energy generated by tidying the yarn scraps to do more work on the Easter bunny crochet basket I had started, and while I didn’t make as much progress as I had hoped I would, I also didn’t have to frog or redo anything:
When we begin a project, we don’t always know how it will turn out or what challenges we will encounter along the way, but if we persist, one stitch at a time, we often get to somewhere we want to be.