Today was a day of many errands, but in between bouts of driving, I did finish the scarf I was working on for the 2011 Special Olympics USA Scarf Project, and after all the errands were done, I could not help but think: TGIF
As for the granny square scarf it is with the 10 squares made and joined together:
It looked pretty good as it was, but it lacked a certain “je ne sais quoi.”
After looking it over carefully and getting out the tape measure, I found that while the length of the scarf was within the specified range, the width of the scarf was about 3/8ths of an inch shy of what was required.
Clearly the “quoi” that was missing was a border.
Given the time constraints of the day, I settled on a simple single crochet border. I used two strands of yarn, one of each color, and crocheted over the color not in use so that I could match the single crochet stitch of the border to the edge of any given granny square that I was crocheting into.
When the border was done and all the ends were woven in, this is what I had:
Tomorrow morning I will block the scarf, and when it is dry, I will go over it with a lint roller to remove as much cat hair as is humanly possible.
In the meantime, I will contemplate which of the many projects I should complete next.