One perfectly imperfect square and twelve more crochet remnants

When I hit the “publish” button on my last post, there were just twenty-five squares between me and the tend of the road to one thousand rehabbed crochet squares, and one of them was this — as I have come to see it — “perfectly imperfect” square:

The front of a purple square ready to be finished
The front of a purple square ready to be finished

You can’t see it with all of the ends to be woven in (just as I couldn’t), but the square is not exactly square:

A purple square with ends to be woven in
A purple square with ends to be woven in

Once I had the ends woven in and trimmed, however, I couldn’t unsee this imperfection

The front of the perfectly imperfect purple square
The front of the perfectly imperfect purple square

but in what for me was a herculean effort of restraint, I refused to frog it and make it perfect:

The front of the perfectly imperfect purple square
The front of the perfectly imperfect purple square

I decided that it was perfect enough and moved on.

But moving on turned out not be as simple as I had hoped.

My effort to reduce the number of crochet bits and pieces I have by rehabbing them into give and six-inch squares has taken a while, but it turns out that it is has been pretty successful, and now instead of taking me five minutes to find a couple of dozen remnants, it now takes me longer than that, but eventually, after going into a closet and sorting though a couple of bins and a basket I had forgotten, I eventually found twelve remnants, and I wasted no time getting the ends woven in and preparing them for rehab:

The twelve remnants after tidying up
The twelve remnants after tidying up

With that done, I then worked on the first round of the rehab and made substantial progress:

Twelve of the last twenty-four remnants after a round of rehab
Twelve of the last twenty-four remnants after a round of rehab

and because I am making an effort to use longer bits of yarn to finish up some of these squares, I’ve even unearthed another ten remnants and I make my crochet sprint to the finish of this project.