I probably should have crocheted myself some blinders yesterday so that when the sun rose on this new day, I would have at least had a tool in my tool kit to help me stay focused on the projects at hand, but I made the mistake of looking into one of the many bins from my crochet empire that still needs to be sorted through.
I thought it would only take a moment, that I would be able to make one decision and then another and then another, and soon I would have an empty bin.
But that’s not what happened.
Shortly after I began my efforts I found this long forgotten crochet project:
I had been using two strands of a mercerized cotton to crochet a hat — the pattern long since lost to history. I don’t know if I ran out of the yarn, or if I just got sidetracked, but either way, I decided that the most sensible course of action was to frog the whole thing.
So I did.
With the recently unearthed project frogged and ready to be transformed, I saw that what had been underneath the never finished project was a tin. I knew that if I had seen fit to move it, there must have been something there of value, and there was.
When I got the lid off, I found that the tin was housing a substantial collection of yarn scraps:
and once I started sorting through them, I found it was a mix of both long and short yarn scraps, a fact which slowed down my work a bit as I tied them end to end, but after thirty minutes of work, I had made some progress:
Which brought me back to the project I had frogged. It seemed to me that the yarn in question would be perfect for a crochet market bag. It also seemed to me that I had saved a crochet market bag pattern to my queue at Ravelry, and when I checked, I found the Frankston market bag was #393 in my queue.
Using a 4.5 mm hook and the pattern provided (which has excellent photos to accompany the written pattern), I got to work, and while I didn’t make a lot of progress, I did make some:
I really did mean to get something done today, but while I didn’t finish a project or even finish going through the bin, at least I managed to move forward a bit — one stitch at a time.