Yesterday, under gray skies, I sandwiched my crochet in between what seemed like never ending errands, and stitch by stitch, row by row, I finished assembling the cookie-dough-ku
Today, which was practically errand-free, I realized that in addition to the puzzle and cookies, the cookie-dough-ku project needed a bag to store the loose cookies to be used in solving the puzzle.
So under clear blue skies, with my hook, some yarn, and my all-time favorite stash bag pattern from Purl Bee as a guide, I made a few modifications to the pattern and got a start on a bag for the cookies.
After fourteen rounds, I had finished the base:
Which seem to be exactly the right size for four cookies:
I also took a moment to organize the cookies I had made so far and got this visual record of my progress:
Tomorrow is the first day of spring, and one day soon, I will awaken to a world where every horizontal surface is covered with a thin layer of yellow pollen, but between now and then, I will enjoy the relative ease and comfort of these sunny soon-to-be spring days, and spend as many of them as I can crocheting the day away.