On August 1, I noted that for me it was the start of the 2010 state fair afghan season, and I blogged about my progress on this year’s project; I was, at that moment unable to look three days into the future and see what crochet disaster might await me.
My progress was, in a word, modest, but when I had a chance to study the photos, I was overwhelmed by the amount of white that comprised the project. The profusion of a neutral shade stopped me in my tracks. I could barely bring myself to pick up my hook, and when I did, I found myself only able to crochet the colorful centers.
Then yesterday, I came across a schematic I had been working on that included more color. In the light of day and from a distance of 3 feet, it looked better to me than it had the night I had labored over the grid, coloring in circles and squares in an attempt to approximate what would happen when I worked with yarn.
So today when I noticed the date at the bottom of my computer screen and saw that three days of August had already slipped away, I realized that I truly had no time to dawdle. I got out my hooks, my yarn, and my lucky bent-tipped Clover needle and proceeded to implement the other schematic. To my delight, it seems to be working.
Not to my delight, somehow I managed to lose my lucky needle while I was getting dinner made. The good news was, however, that I was able to locate my back-up chibi, still in it’s package from the store where I purchased it:
This allowed me to return to my outdoor office and resume the seemingly endless chore of weaving in ends:
As summer races to a close, I need to maintain my focus as I work to complete this project, one square at a time: