Today, I was unable to settle on which one project I should work on, so I didn’t.
Instead, I began the day by turning my attention toward my Frank Stella inspired concentric granny square.
This project is not going as quickly as I anticipated, but be that as it may, I did finish the round 42 just after noon today, and then spent the next hour adding a decorative chain stitch to the edge of that same round. Here is what it looked like after the edging was added:
Having made the progress I wanted to on the concentric square project, I then turned my attention to a slouchy beret pattern I am testing.
The design is one of Eileen Tepper’s, creations, and I was delighted to be able to test it. I always learn something new when I use one of Ms. Tepper’s patterns, and I was thrilled to be in on the ground floor of this enterprise.
So, two strands of Red Heart Super Saver Claret woven though the fingers of one hand, and a large hook in the other, I set out to give the pattern a whirl. Within the first ten minutes, I had gotten this far:
Four hours later (two of which were spent running errands and visiting with family) I had gotten this far:
Now all that is left is a bit of gathering and a headband to pull it all together.
Like the previous hats I have made from Ms. Tepper’s patterns, this hat also has an interesting surface texture. In addition to the interesting texture, which is standard for her hats, Ms. Tepper uses an interesting construction technique that I have not come across before.
I am looking forward to finishing up this project tomorrow, and I expect that before I finish my second cup of coffee, I will have completed this hat.