With so many partially completed projects to choose from, it can be difficult to pick just one to work on, but today, I did just that and again turned my attention to my groovyghan, and used the math I used to teach to middle school students to figure out the flowers and permutations.
Choosing from the seven Red Heart Super Saver colors I had used in the dot motifs (cherry red, shocking pink, pumpkin, bright yellow, spring green, delft, and dark orchid), I decided to move onto the flower motifs.
Composed of 3 colors each, the potential arrangement of colors for the flowers number 210.
Despite that daunting number, I was able to settle on the first three colors I would use, the order in which I would use them, and with my trusty 4.5mm Etimo hook in hand, I got to work
I started by making a shocking pink center, and from there, I used the pumpkin for the multi-layered petals of the flower:
After weaving in all of the ends, I got out the delft and began the transition from dimensional flower to granny square. Here is a detail of the work I did:
and here is a more comprehensive view:
I enjoy the elegant simplicity of this design; each new element I work on is my favorite.
I can hardly wait to see how these pieces come together.