Stitch by stitch, and then square by square, last Friday I worked on finishing the pieces needed for my Better Homes and Gardens granny square sampler inspired fat bag.
I started by finishing work on square A-2:
Next, I reworked square E-3 which morphed from this:
With all of the squares completed, I laid them out to get an idea of how they would work together:
satisfied that the squares did indeed work together, I began to assemble them while my son and his trumpet teacher worked on the week’s trumpet lesson.
When my son’s lesson was over, there were some late-in-the day errands still to be done, and as I did not get home until well after dark; I set the fat bag-to-be aside and did not pick it up again until this morning.
When I did pull it out, I saw that I still had a row of double crochet to complete, several seams to join, and a number of ends to weave in. And, while I did not finish the second border row, I did finish the first.
Here is how the nearly completed body of the future fat bag looked shortly before sunset:
here is an overview of the back of the future fat bag:
and here is a detail of the back that shows how I used a single crochet stitch (through both loops on both pieces being joined) to create the join:
I did not get as much done this weekend as I had originally envisioned, but tomorrow is a new day, and with hooks in hand, I will be ready to greet it.