In August of 2009, I decided to make a rug for my living room to coordinate with this afghan I had made and for the 2008 North Carolina State Fair and which I intended to hang on the wall:
I bought myriad skeins of Brown Sheep’s Lamb’s Pride bulky weight yarn, a wool and mohair blend that comes in an enormous number of colors and which I was convinced would wear well.
I started the rug with one idea in mind, and as I moved forward, I made mistakes, learned things along the way, and so far have changed my mind about exactly what form this rug would take on three occasions.
Today, I worked on what I am determined will be my fourth and final iteration.
Just before Christmas I had made these three squares using Lamb’s Pride yarn I had frogged from other incarnations of “the big rug”:
Today I finished 6 additional squares:
and began joining them. First I joined the four center squares of each side to the square in the middle Here is a view of the back:
and here is a view of the front:
Once those four squares were secured, I finished joining one of the corner squares along the two interior sides. Here is how that looked from the back:
and here is how it looked from the front:
I sincerely hope that this fourth iteration is the final one.
I would like to get this project done, because I could make better use of the space the frogged and refrogged yarn is taking up in my yarn empire, and I really could use a new living room rug.