When I finished my last blog post, I thought that I had just another 90 minutes or so and the Viking helmet would be ready to rumble.
Then reality hit.
Weaving in the ends of the gray pieces went quickly. So quickly, in fact, that I was lulled into a sense of complacency, and I thought it would all go very quickly, because this part had:
But then there was the question of the crochet horns.
When I had taken photos, I thought something looked a little off, but what, I didn’t know, and I didn’t give it a whole lot of thought thinking that it would somehow sort itself out.
Except that it didn’t.
Instead, as I put the horns side by side, it was clear that one was longer.
I looked over the pattern, counted some stitches and finally figured out that I had crocheted one of the horns for the Adult size hat and one of the horns for the XL Adult sized hat.
After frogging back to where I needed to and some reworking, I finally had two, similarly enough sized crochet horns:
Now all that was left was to stuff them and put everything together.
The stuffing of the horns didn’t go very well initially, but after a few missteps, I finally got into a stuffing groove, and two hours later, I had completed the purple crochet Viking helmet:
The above photo, while accurate, did not (to my mind) capture the true Vikingness of the complete hat, so I took a second photo that better documented the adventurous nature of the completed hat:
Now that the hat is done and ready to rumble, I need to look for what’s next so that I can continue forward, one stitch at a time.