Yesterday, I enjoyed the first day of summer by spending much of it crocheting. In fact, I was nearing the moment when the flat pieces of the future soccer ball are transformed by the stuffing.
I made woven in (and trimmed) all of the ends on the twenty African flower hexagons needed for my current crochet soccer ball project:
finished work on the twelve African flower pentagons called for:
and when I got up this morning, all that was left to be done was to figure out in what order I wanted them arranged:
piece them together and then weave in and trim all of the ends. Here is a late afternoon photo of my progress:
The soccer ball still needed a few of the pentagons pieced, so I continued my work until well after sunset and then turned the soccer ball right side out:
Now all I need to so is stuff the ball, finish the seaming on three sides of one pentagon, and I will be ready to move onto whatever crochet awaits.