While sorting through my various crochet remnants, I came across this square:
I had crocheted it fairly recently for the purpose of writing the pattern for it, but while I found the square, I could find no record of having written a pattern, so I got out my hooks, some worsted weight yarn, and got to work.
After a little experimentation, I found that I had used a 4.5 mm hook, and in short order, I had a second square to join the first:
and not long after that, I had written this pattern.
It is a simple motif that I have used in previous projects, and I have found it to be quite versatile, and because the stitches are worked through the back loop only, it has more drape than many crochet stitches and this particular effort measured 5″ x 5″ — exactly right for Project Amigo, and with a second square and the pattern both done, I was ready to move on and finish work on future — not quite finished — squares in this photo:
First, I focused on seaming the nine-patch one-round granny squares. The work, at this point, can be a little tedious, but I love the look, so I find that they are well worth the effort, and so I persisted. Eventually I had finished joining the nine-patch squares, and all that is left is to crochet a frame around each to get to the five-inch measurement:
At this point, I was ready to work on something different, so I got out the three granny squares that needed work, and as the day drew to a close, I completed a fourth round on each of them:
When the sun rises tomorrow, I will take some time to sort through the bits and pieces that are within reach, and choose some new pieces to rehab for Project Amigo, one stitch at a time.