Today I got done almost everything I imagined I would get done yesterday.
First up after breakfast, laundry, and dogwalking was Square E-2. I had some definite ideas about what I wanted to accomplish with the colors, and when I was done, I felt that my efforts were a success:
From there, I moved onto Square D-2. I had made the central panel on Sunday, but had no idea what colors I would use for the other rounds. Once I had good daylight and a stash bag full of yarn to work with, I settled on a much loved vintage green and a bright yellow:
Next up was the square for the top right hand corner: B-4. The fact that it required eight different colors to complete it had been a bit problematic for me, but finally, I stumbled onto what I wanted to do, and I got it done:
With all of the squares I had time to make before dinner made, I decided that would try to join them after we had eaten. Here is how the beach-blanket to be looked before:
and here is how it looked with squares B-4. D-2, and E-2 in place before the last round of each was added:
The time to do the actual joining had arrived; I worked the final round of Square B-4 with Red Heart Super Saver cherry red:
I used Red Heart Super Saver gold to join Square E-2:
and for a strip of 3dc clusters that join crochet Squares B-4 and A-4:
Lastly, I used Red Heart Super Saver pumpkin to finish and attach Square D-2:
While I am not entirely satisfied with all of my final round choices (There were two in particular I was itching to pull out, but I resisted the urge so I could get a photo before evening overtook the day), the errors I make and then pull out are just as necessary to the forward progress of the project as my successes, and while it isn’t always fun to redo something, I find there is a potential to gain insight from my mistakes that my successes don’t seem to offer.