As March comes to a close (and winter has what I hope is its last hurrah before spring comes into full bloom) I used the day to take stock of what I had accomplished in terms of organizing my crochet empire and plan the next steps I would take toward that goal.
I began my renewed efforts by finishing the eighth in a series of stash bags that I am making to house my yarn stash.
The most recent addition to my ever growing collection of stash bags is made from Red Heart Super Saver Tea Leaf, a J hook, and this pattern. Yesterday I finished the body of the bag, so this morning, I added the handles, wove in the ends, and stuffed it full of yarn.
Here is one view:
and here is another:
Buoyed by a sense of accomplishment, I decided I would tackle my ever changing project known as “The Big Rug.” I got out my 4.5mm hook, a huge basket of Lamb’s Pride bulky weight yarn (both never used and reclaimed skeins), my perennial favorite hexagon pattern, and set to work.
An hour and fifteen minutes and several mistakes later, I finished what I now envision as the central hexagon of the rug-to-be:
While I have at least a couple of hundred more hexagons to make, and who knows how many ends to weave in, a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step, and today I truly felt I had gotten that pesky first step behind me, and I ended my crochet day as I had begun it: working on yet another stash bag: