Today was the obverse of yesterday.
While yesterday I worked very diligently with little to show for it by the time the sun set, today everything came together with relative ease.
After starting the day with several cups of coffee, I finished joining row 21 to row 20, blocked the piece of the project that is comprised of rows 11 through 21, made the motifs needed to layout row 22, and then pieced those squares together.
I got all of this done before dinner.
Due to after dinner time constraints, I only have photos of these two views of row 22 to share with my readers:
I am now down to the last nine rows of this project that I first conceived of in the spring of 2004. At the time, I didn’t work on it because the idea I had for it was (I believed at the time) too much work.
The intervening years have done nothing to subtract from the amount of work of the original plan for execution. The passage of time has, if anything, resulted in the project being more complicated and time intensive than anything I was able to imagine initially.
But what startles me is that I can now see that the project will come to an end.
At some point soon, all of the motifs will be made, all of the squares will be joined, all of the ends will be woven in, all of the pieces blocked, and as much of the cat hair as I can find will be removed with my trusty Scotch™ Pet Hair Roller.
Then I’ll need to figure out what to work on next.