My current front burner crochet project is one I will be sending to Illinois for inclusion in the Project Linus Conference 2013 blanket challenge, and I call it my Project Linus project
As of Friday, I had gotten this far:
Pretty much everything was done except for three of the four corners.
After looking at the photo above, I realized that the first thing I needed to do was revisit my efforts with the corner that was slated to be Snoopy as “Joe Cool.” The square was a bit too small, and the smile was thinner than I thought would be ideal.
After frogging most of the blue and reworking the corner and replacing the smile that had been worked in a back stitch with a single strand of yarn with a chain stitch (worked with a single strand of yarn), I felt comfortable calling the square done:
Next up was a Woodstock square for the upper right corner. I had a pretty good idea of how I would do everything except the yellow feather mohawk, and while this photograph does not show it, the likeness (when seen in person) is actually pretty good:
With Woodstock and his messy little Mohawk attended to, I felt that I had acquired some of the skills I would need to make the Linus square (which will be in the lower left corner), but I didn’t have time to finish work on his face:
The last square I am (at least for the moment) calling the green mystery square, because how I will accomplish what I want to here is still a mystery to me:
I like each of the squares on their own, but think that together, they create a synergy of joi:
My hope is that tomorrow, I am able to carve out enough time to be able to finish designing these squares and finish joining them as well.
In the meantime, I need to ruminate on the mystery of the green square.