This morning, after I had my first cup of coffee, I picked up where I left off with yesterday’s beginner’s project.
While it was a gloriously errand-free day, it was not without interruption, so I did not finish crocheting until early afternoon, and as can be seen from this photo:
it definitely needed to be blocked. While I turned my attention to what would come next, I let the project soak in a bowl of warm soapy water, then removed the excess by rolling it between towels.
Once I had gotten as much of the water out as was possible using the towels, I got out my Knitter’s Block and pinned the project into place:
Knowing that wet fabric of any kind never dries when watched, I spent the rest of the afternoon doing my best to ignore the project altogether.
Except that I couldn’t.
Since I had finished what will no doubt become known as “the first motif,”I found that my mind wandered back to the piece that was drying.
If I experienced a spasm of ambition, I could make another two or three of the motifs which could then be assembled (perhaps using a join-as-you go method for subsequent motifs) and used as a runner for a dresser.
If got super ambitious, I could make another 35 of them or so, join them and voila! I’d have an enormous cover for my bed.
I don’t know where this motif will lead me, but I know I will have fun getting there.