I spent most of yesterday working out what had been some unattended to details of my 2012 North Carolina State Fair project.
While I knew in my head what I wanted to do, I didn’t know how those ideas would translate once I took hook to yarn.
Would my joining technique work? Would the pieces fit? How exactly would I make the border?
I had no definitive answers, and I decided that I had better find out while I still had time to re-engineer the particulars — just in case.
As it happened, almost everything I imagined I could do worked as I had hoped with only one minor adjustment for the border needed.
With those pesky details worked out (and sufficient notes taken for future reference), I made one of the four remaining large, textured triangles still needed for my state fair project:
and since another one of my stated goals for this state fair season to have a more ordered home when it ends, I decided to work on the old-fashioned throw rug that I had recently unearthed from what had become it’s hiding place on the bed in my crochet empire/guest room.
Made from a large batch of sari ribbon I had purchased from Hippie Chix Fiber, at the Carolina Fiber Fest last May, I had been working diligently on the project when life got in the way of my crochet projects:
Here is how far I had gotten with the old-fashioned throw rug:
and here is the sari ribbon I had left from my purchase last May:
I began work in the late morning, continued through lunch, and then finally, after it had begun pouring rain, I finished:
I don’t know exactly how I will use this piece now that it is done, but I do know that I am ready for whatever tomorrow will bring, and I am one step closer both to finishing my state fair project and achieving my goal of a more ordered home.