My errands started early today, one leading to another and another and so on until there was very little left of my morning, but eventually, I did run out of errands, and when I got home, I was more than ready to get started on my current UFO: If pigs (and dogs and birds and bears and frogs and lions and turtles) flew.
Yesterday, I had made all of the pieces I needed to complete the dogs that will be used in this project, but I did not get them all assembled:
so today’s first crochet task was to get out the bent-tipped Clover yarn needle and attempt to bring some order to the dog chaos.
After 90 minutes of diligent effort, I achieved a measure of success:
No longer in danger of losing a dog ear, cheek, or tongue, I move onto the lions.
I had crocheted all of the future lion faces, but I had not yet woven in the ends, a task I wanted to complete before I tried to add any features to the faces.
With my trusty Clover bent-tipped needle in hand, I was able to make very quick work of the lion faces-to-be:
From there, I moved onto the birds and attached the beak, feet, and eyes I had made previously to one of the blue circles that would be a future bird:
I was then able to harness the finishing mojo generated from the day’s earlier work, and finish crocheting the three additional frogs needed for the project:
With all of these crochet chores attended to, I ventured back upstairs, but this time, instead of turning left to go to my crochet empire, I turned right, and made my way to the yarn annex where I found (almost immediately) the vintage pink yarn that was lodged in my memory, but had eluded me in life:
With the perfect pink finally found, I started making the pig’s face and ears:
Then I did the detail work, using this magnificent French knot tutorial to guide me in adding the eyes and nostrils:
I no longer recall what the circumstances were that caused me to set this project aside, but I am thoroughly enjoying it this time around.