The past couple of days, I have not been at my most efficient, and this has managed to show up in my efforts to complete a crochet lunchbox.
After finding the perfect (or very nearly perfect) fabrics to line it:
So I made templates, cut out the fabrics, and began to sew the pieces together.
By yesterday afternoon, I had finished sewing the side seams of the linings for the bottom of the crochet lunchbox:
and after a cup of coffee to help see me through:
I pinned the lining into place, got out my embroidery floss, and set to work.
When it was done, I could see that something was wrong, but the exact nature of the something eluded me until I took a photo this afternoon:
What had eluded me was clearly revealed.
Somehow, with all of my pinning and sewing, I had failed to see what I had sensed; I had pinned (and then securely sewn) the lining into place exactly one 3 dc shell to the left of where it needed to be in order to look its best and function as intended.
The lining looked messy and did not lie properly because I had not placed it correctly.
And now that I have figured out why the lining was almost (but not quite) working, I need to take it out, pin it into place (correctly this time), and once again take my needle and embroidery floss and work as I always do: one stitch at a time.
2 thoughts on “Sewing while distracted”
Oh no! What a bummer! You sound resigned/resolved to your fixing effort, though. 🙂
Your resolve is, as ever, astonishing.
Comments are closed.