This time of year always seems to present me with scheduling challenges, but so far in the 2014 North Carolina State Fair project crochet season, I have managed to pretty much stay on track with the production of squares.
Yesterday, I exceeded my square quota by three squares, and I also managed to join several rows of squares into strips that I will join later.
Today I continued in those efforts.
I got off to a slow start, but eventually settled in on the back deck with my yarn and hook, and by noon, I had crocheted seven squares toward the days quota:
Not quite six hours later, I had crocheted an additional six squares for a total of 13:
I knew I would have time to work on the squares while I watched the game, so I focused a lot of my crochet energy on joining the squares of two of the panels into strips that I will later join.
Here is how the designated panels looked as of noon:
and here is how far I had gotten with them shortly before I had to stop working on them so I could get ready to go the game:
As for the game, the weather held out just long enough for the Durham Bulls to win 4-3 in what ended up being a bit of a ninth inning nail biter.
Tomorrow, after I have dispatched my various chores and obligations I will once again pull out my hook, my yarn, and my Clover bent-tipped needles and resume work on this year’s state fair project, and with any luck and a lot of work, I hope to stay on track to finish this piece in time for the fair.