In yesterday’s installment, I detailed the trials and tribulations of Square D-2. Today, I moved to the square immediately to the right of that and found myself working Square E-2. My trusty 4.5mm Etimo in hand and my stash of Red Heart Super Saver at my side, the first five rounds of the square went swimmingly, except for one small thing: The interior of my E-2 Square was measurably smaller than my D-2 Square. If I did nothing the two squares would, when joined, pull on each other rather than fit together.
My solution was as follows:
Round 5: Work 1sc in each st, and in each corner work (1sc, ch 3, 1 sc), join with sl st to beg sc.
Round 5 & 1/2: Work sc in each sc to end of row, *(1sc, ch 3, 1 sc) in the corner, sc in each of first 8 sc, 2sc in next stitch, sc in each stitch to the corner*, repeat twice, (1sc, ch 3, 1 sc) in the corner, sc in each of first 8 sc, 2sc in next stitch, sc in any remaining sc and join with first sc made.
Here is the result:
Two crochet squares done, 37 to go. I’ve waited twelve years, so as slow going as this is it’s faster than never.