Today, I finished joining the seams on the blue suede and grape fizz seafarer’s caps I had been working on which left me ready for what ended up being two new beginnings:
I had been putting it off because while I knew I had discovered an “easier” way to join the seam, I could not recall specifically what it was.
Then, while doing some electronic housekeeping, I came across this video that I made eleven months ago:
I realized that I had changed the pattern a smidge making sure to begin the joining after completing an even-numbered row of half-double crochet stitches that was divisible by four (in this case, 52) and working the joining seam from the top of the hat to the bottom.
Delighted that I had stumbled up on my discovery from last year, I lost no time in starting not one, but two new hats:
I still want to trick out the grape fizz rendition of this hat to more accurately reflect the joy of both the project and the color of the yarn, but in the meantime, I will work toward making enough hats for my cousins, Robert and David, and their housemates so that warmer (rather than cooler) heads can prevail.