The past couple of days my crochet life has not gone as I had planned.
It started Monday, when I set out to track down these sixteen crochet remnants:
I checked the bag I am currently using as a purse, I went through the bins that house my increasingly large “traveling yarn stash,” and I checked every nearby horizontal surface.
To no avail.
Wherever those sixteen remnants are, I could not put my hands on them then, so I rifled through the bag I am currently using a purse — the one I had just gone through in search of the previously mentioned sixteen remnants — and lo and behold, I found these twenty substitute crochet remnants:
Like the sixteen remnants I was (and am) unable to find, these were rehab ready with the ends woven in and trimmed.
So I got to work on the first round of rehab as I had with the five-by-five array I recently completed, and soon enough I had twenty crochet remnants with forty ends to be woven and trimmed:
Pleased with the progress I had made, I was going to start weaving in the ends to prepare for the next round, but it was at this point, that an outside event occurred, and life was disrupted in a way that literally took all of my attention, and I found myself unable to focus on the crochet at hand.
So I didn’t.
Instead, I counted the five-inch crochet squares that were finished and found that I have just enough to pack up another boxful for Project Amigo:
My hope is that by clearing out what I can, I will have an easier time both finding the missing remnants and returning to the work and hand — one stitch at a time.