My current front burner crochet project is the transformation of the many crochet remnants I have into one thousand crochet squares, and to do that — to take the many disparate pieces of varying size from an assortment of projects past — and to turn them into pieces that will fit together requires that I work round by round.
My current method is to choose some number of remnants (usually a square of some kind like, nine (three-by-three), sixteen (four-by-four) or twenty-five (as I did most recently) which resulted in this five-by-five array with :
I had just finished the first of my crochet rehab efforts and had woven in and trimmed the ends. Both the remnants and I were ready for what was next — another round of rehab:
Using an assortment of colors and crochet hooks, I got to work. Occasionally, an increase didn’t work out as I had expected.
Sometimes it was a bit too small (easily remedied with another round of rehab, and sometimes it was a bit to large (requiring me to frog the work I had just done and try using a smaller hook, a different stitch, or both). Despite the guesswork involved, eventually, I had all twenty-five crochet remnants rehabbed and ready for adventure:
This addition of these twenty-five crochet squares to my previous efforts means that I only have to rehab another two hundred-and-twenty-five remnants to reach my goal. Lucky for me, I have at least that many remnants to choose from, and I will continue to move forward with this adventure, one stitch at a time.