It wasn’t until I had woven in the last end on my two very recently completed crochet skeletons that I noticed something had eaten October and it was almost November.
What that means in practical terms is that I don’t have nearly as much time to get my two new crochet sugar skull yarn bombs done as I thought I did. Both need to be ready by Sunday morning so I can spend the couple of hours it will take to install what will be five yarn bombs.
In the meantime, I need to make sure that I not only finish making these two nearly completed yarn bombs, but that I have all of the staples I will need to secure all five of the crochet sugar skulls that comprise my Day of the Dead yarn bomb collection to my back fence.
But before I get too wound up about the staples, I need to finish the two additional yarn bombs, so today I worked on both of them, and as of 5:00 pm today, I was one-and-a-half squares away from being able to piece together the not quite-yet sixteen squares of the papaya color way yarn bomb:
and the fourteen squares of the plain white sugar skull yarn bomb that has a neon purple edge/border:
When I made my first sugar skull crochet yarn bomb and installed it on my back fence, I thought that one yarn bomb would be enough.
I did not anticipate that I would feel a need to make one more, let alone four, but that is exactly the where I find myself on this late October, almost November afternoon with three-and-a-half squares to crochet and forty-eight feet of seaming to do–one stitch at time.