Today I put down my pencil and set aside the pieces of graph paper that have been accumulating next to my official crocheting chair, took a Clover bent-tipped needle from the chibi that keeps my bent-tipped yarn needles safe, and set to work.
In the past week, my 2011 North Carolina State Fair project has begun to reveal itself to me in unexpected ways, and I am trying to both respect the project’s intentions while continuing to move forward.
Today, however, I awoke to the last forty days and thirty-nine nights left to work, so beginning with this square that recently revealed itself to me:
I consulted the myriad pieces of paper next to my chair, and after some hesitation and second guessing, I got to work:
Once the square was assembled, I took this photograph which is when I noticed that two of the greens appeared very similar. I wasn’t entirely certain that the similarity worked to the advantage of the project, so I removed the outermost green and replaced it with burgundy:
I liked the look of the square better once the burgundy was in place, and I think I will have a much easier time in rounds that follow for having made the change.
While I don’t really know at the moment what this project will look like when it is finished, I do know that each stitch will be it’s own adventure..