Of all the not-so-wonderful things about moving, one of the wonderful things is the opportunity to go through one’s stuff and decide what to bring forward and what to leave behind. I have come to think of this phase of the move — where I go through the boxes I packed up in a hurry last March — as “the great sorting” because as I unpack those same boxes and look at the items I kept, I have a clearer sense of which things matter to me.
While I was doing some of this sorting, I came across these two crochet remnants which were begging to be rehabbed:
Using my seemingly endless stash of yarn, I got to work, and soon enough the remnants had been transformed from easily lost bits into five-inch crochet squares for Project Amigo:
But I wasn’t anywhere near done with my sorting, and when I came across this long abandoned scrap yarn square that I began on November 20, 2017:
I decided that I was not going to get it linger any longer. I wove in ends (a lot of them), I found more longer yarn scraps (enough of them), and then I finished it. After just six-and-a-half months, the five-inch scrap yarn square was finally camera ready:
Emboldened by my success at having finished work on a five-inch granny square in under seven months, I continued with my sorting and came across these three candidates for crochet rehab:
Making use of a long scrap of the discontinued Red Heart Super Saver chile and a new skein of Red Heart Super Saver jade, I got the three crochet remnants rehabbed with very little fuss:
Leaving me time to get this group photo of the six new crochet squares:
which brings the total of repurposed squares and crochet remnants rehabbed to 232:
I still have a long way to go to reach to one thousand crochet squares, but I will continue my sorting on this crochet journey of repurpose, moving forward one stitch (and one remnant) at a time.