If I had better sense, I would probably finish up the second Day of the Dead yarn bomb I started and then work on tricking out both it and the first yarn bomb. Instead I have started a third, and so, as of this afternoon, I am working on dueling crochet yarn bombs.
I started my crochet day by joining the square of second (in what is turning out to be a series of three Day of the Day yarn bombs) into rows:
I was satisfied with my progress, but somewhat bored with the task of joining, so I decided to intersperse making a new square for the third one.
After looking over the sixteen options of where to start, I selected the top left-hand corner. Using CraftSmart yarn in both turquoise and Sangria.
I selected this particular square because I really wanted to know how the colors would work together. I am equal parts uncertain and excited about the combination, so I wanted something that would showcase the two colors in question. I also didn’t want to have to make a lot of color changes, but at the same time, I have a road trip planned for this weekend, so I need to save some of the less demanding squares for three evenings spent crocheting by hotel light.
With the decision finally made, I got to work, and in under an hour, I had crocheted eighteen of the twenty four rows of the first square.
I’m not one hundred percent certain I like the way these colors play with each other, but I am one hundred percent certain that there is no time for me to change my mind or try something different. If I need something to bring it all together, I can always make a few more very large crochet flowers. Until then I will move forward, one stitch at a time.