When I hit publish on my last blog post, it was with a smidgen of regret. As regrets go, it wasn’t a big one. I wondered how my first Pochacco’s sweater would have looked if I had used Red Heart Super Saver grenadine rather than the pretty ‘n pink. When I asked for a color consult, I was told “when in doubt, frog it out.”
The response was a little cheeky, but, as it turned out, it was also exactly right. Less than ten minutes after the conversation ended, my first Pochacco had a new (and to my mind, improved) sweater:
and I was ready to move forward with what remained to be done.
Unencumbered by doubt, I was able to fly through the remaining tasks, and in what felt like no time (no doubt in part because there was no longer and internal argument about whether or not to frog the original sweater) my first crochet Pochacco was done:
Not only was the amigurumi critter ready for adventure, with his new sweater, Pochacco also coordinated very well with the blanket that will travel with him:
Pleased with how my first effort at crocheting the Pochacco pattern had gone, I decided to try my my hand on a second one, but it had to coordinate with an entirely different granny square blanket:
I decided that I would try Red Heart Super Saver turqua head lints with coffee ears, and a sweater in an as-yet-to-be-determined color. So far it looks good:
but if I change my mind, I can always frog it out.