Today it literally was a blue Monday. Clear skies and (at least for this area) cold, cold temperatures exacerbated by a wind that howled most of the morning.
Even my dog was not enthusiastic about going out, so we stayed inside for most of the day in an effort to avoid to avoid the cold.
One of my main goals for the day (aside from staying warm) was to bring as much order to this pile of renegade squares as was possible in the time allotted:
My plan to achieve the goal of increased order and decreased chaos involved this two-by-twelve squares blanket-to-be:
I had intended for the blanket to be 11×13 squares, so I either needed to add two squares to make it two-by-thirteen, or I had to remove two squares.
I decided to go with the latter.
Once I had the blanket the correct number of squares wide, I then went about the business of adding more rows. By late afternoon, I finished adding two more rows for a total of four:
As for the renegade pile of blue squares, it was still fairly chaotic, but I had managed to make a dent of twenty squares in it which makes just a little bit more manageable: