On Christmas Day 2017, I received a message at Ravelry asking me if I would want to contribute some crochet squares to be used in Project Amigo. I was delighted to have been asked and was equally delighted when it turned out I could use some of the many squares I had made with no particular purpose in mind.
I eventually ran out of un-purposed crochet squares and found myself moving onto the many crochet remnants in my crochet empire, and while I work to wrap up the design and execution of the Olivia inspired crochet pig, I am also working to move forward on a goal I have set for myself, namely a journey of a thousand rehabbed crochet squares.
Today’s front burner crochet rehabbed square looked to transform four crochet squares left over from my inaugural Bauhaus crochet blocks pixelghan. I had begun work on the squares several months ago by joining the four squares into a two-by-two array that measured 3.5″ by 4″:
Today, using a 4.5 mm hook and some Red Heart Super Saver rouge, I worked to finally finish the rehab and in short order the square was all done except for the weaving in of ends:
With another crochet square dispatched, I then turned to the Olivia inspired crochet pig.
The first order of business was to finish the body of the future pig, and with a mistake or two here with just a smidge of frogging, it was done:
That left me with a need to figure out if the pieces fit as expected and then how to put them all together. After making a small change to the legs, I laid out all the pieces to see how they looked:
and while the arms look a touch too long, I know that once I figure out just exactly how I am going to join the legs and lose the bottom of the crochet pig’s body, the rest of it will go quickly, and I will figure it out, one stitch at a time.