I had expected to start this blog post with the news that I had finished the Olivia-inspired crochet pig and that that news would be followed by a photo of a super adorable toy pig, ready for adventure. But in the interest of getting it done right, I had to set the pig aside for a bit while I investigate various joining options for the arms and the legs, which requires that I search for the crochet books I own that contain that information that are packed up in boxes both labeled and unlabeled. So in the interest of moving forward while I search for more crochet knowledge, I have renewed my efforts to complete the journey of a thousand crochet squares.
When I began the journey of rehabbed crochet, I did not have a goal of a thousand squares, but now I do, so today, while I was ruminating on amigurumi limb joining methods, I simultaneously sorted through the pieces of crochet in a box which has — in the past — proved to be easy pickings, and I found these fifteen crochet remnants:
I carefully (or so I thought) gathered the pieces went inside and with hooks and needles and yarn, and then I got to work weaving in ends, crocheting new rounds, and weaving in more ends.
Then just as carefully (again, or so I thought), I picked up all of the crochet remnants I had been working on and laid them out in preparation for their photo shoot. Except, as it turned out, one of the remnants had gone missing:
A one-round granny square worked in what looked to be Red Heart Super Saver turqua or Red Heart Classic parrot was nowhere to be found, or at least nowhere that I thought to look.
Be that as it may, the journey of a thousand crochet squares continues, and I will move forward, one stitch at a time.