As this weekend draws to a close, I am now five squares closer to my goal of a thousand crochet squares made from some of the many remnants I have accumulated over the twenty years since I learned to crochet.
Rehabbing a square from crochet remnants is not the quickest way to make the pieces of a future crochet blanket, but it has given me the opportunity to reflect on how my crochet past, present and future are connected and so the past three days most of my crochet efforts were focused on rehabbing the most recent nine-patch of crochet remnants I have identified for rehab.
Plucked from one of my many bins that is replete with remnants I started out by weaving in the ends from the “first round” of crochet rehab:
The tidy moment was, however, fleeting. Within a couple of hours I had completed the second round of rehab and had a number of new ends to weave in and trim:
Weaving in ends is neither terribly challenging nor terribly quick, but when all of the ends are woven in and then trimmed, it is terribly satisfying:
But as I worked on the third round of rehab, I found myself weaving in ends as I went, and while it has it’s advantages, it does interrupt the crochet flow.
Then, even though I was mid-rehab, I set aside the Project Amigo squares and spent some time working on make in the twenty-nine crochet squares that will be needed for my new crochet purse:
This weekend, like so many weekends, was too short, but I will persist, moving forward, one stitch at a time.